Cinnamon Leaf (Cinnamomum Verum) Essential Oil
This is a "hot" oil: do NOT use undiluted on skin!!
100% Pure Therapeutic Grade Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil. .5oz dropper bottle (300 drops/oil) Botanical Name: Cinnamomum Verum Origon: Sri Lank
- Use it as a disinfectant. With its strong germicidal properties, cinnamon leaf oil works as a non-toxic natural disinfectant. Use it to clean your toilets, refrigerator, kitchen counters and other surfaces, door knobs, microwave, and sneakers. You can even use it to clean and disinfect your chopping boards.
- Make a facial scrub. Mix it with cinnamon sugar, orange juice, and olive oil to create a rejuvenating scrub that has antiseptic properties to kill facial bacteria effectively.
- Gargle as a mouthwash. Add a drop or two to a glass of purified water, and gargle with it. For people with dentures, simply make a solution of water, hydrogen peroxide, and cinnamon leaf oil, and soak your dentures in it.
- Add it to your foot soak. Get rid of nasty fungal infections by mixing a drop of cinnamon leaf oil in a bucket of warm water, and then soak your feet in it. This works great for athletes and people who wear closed shoes for most of the day.
- Use cinnamon leaf oil as an insect repellent. Did you know that the scent of cinnamon leaf oil can deter pesky household insects, such as black ants, mosquitoes, roaches, and flies? Studies found that it may even be more effective at repelling mosquitos than the toxic chemical DEET. Simply spray or diffuse the oil around your home. You can also spray it over your mattresses and sheets to get rid of bed bugs.
- Add it to your shampoo. Add a drop of cinnamon leaf oil to your regular non-chemical shampoo. This will help keep your hair healthy and, in children, help kill stubborn head lice.
Ways to use:
Diffuse- some diffusing options include: Essential oil diffuser, oil warmer, diffuser necklace or room spray.
Topical- add 1-4 drops per TBS carrier oil (such as olive, grapeseed, coconut, almond or jojoba oil) or use our Lavender Essential oil Roll-on (long lasting and convenient)
Not for internal use.
DISCLAIMER: The statements in this article have not been evaluated by the FDA. The information provided is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat or prescribe.